With such busy lifestyles, most women do not have the time or patience to apply fake eyelashes every day. So it’s no wonder that eyelash extensions have become increasingly popular in recent years. Do you want to wake up with effortlessly flawless lashes every morning? Here’s everything you need to know before getting your first set of lash extensions.
Types Of Eyelash Extensions
Lash extensions are made of either human-made materials or animal furs, like mink and sable. Mink lashes are incredibly popular as they are lightweight, fluffy, and closely mimic natural lashes’ look and feel. Sable is even more delicate and is the lightest extension material, but they are not as readily available as mink lashes.
If you have ethical concerns about using animal fur, don’t worry. There are plenty of synthetic options available to bring your dream lashes to life.
- Faux-Mink/ Faux- Fox: you can now get the same feathery, lightweight lashes without the hefty price tag of the real thing. These are high-quality, handmade lashes that are comfortable and, of course, animal friendly.
- Silk lashes: made of synthetic silk fibre, they are finer and more natural-looking than faux-mink lashes.
- Synthetic lash: these are the heaviest and least natural-looking option. However, they are excellent if you’re looking for a dramatic and made-up look, as synthetic lashes hold their curl extremely well.
Next, you’ll also need to decide on your desired lash length, curl and volume. Lash extensions typically range between 9 and 15 mm. The suitable size for you depends on the thickness and length of your natural lashes. You can also choose between having a full set of lashes, where extensions are applied to all your lashes, or a partial set, where they’re only attached from the middle to the outer lash line.
The curl’s shape also affects the final look; for example, the “J” curl is the most natural-looking, while the “C” curl gives the most dramatic lift. You can also ask for volume lashes for even more added drama, where two to six sets of lightweight lashes are applied for incredible volume.
Lash Extension Maintenance Tips
How long your extensions last largely comes down to you and how well you take care of them. Practice these recommended lash-care habits to save money on infill appointments and keep your natural lashes healthy:
- Avoid touching them, especially the first few hours after your fill.
- Keep them dry for at least 24 hours to allow the adhesive to cure. Avoid spas, hot showers, saunas and keep water off your eyes in the shower.
- Keep oil-based products and makeup away from your eyes.
- Clean them with a lash cleanser at least a few times a week.
- Don’t use any mascara if you can help it.
- Do not try to remove them yourself! You can cause damage to your natural lashes.
Visit Velvet Beauty Bar Brampton today for all your beauty needs. We offer a comprehensive range of aesthetic treatments, from eyelash extensions, microneedling, eyebrow tinting and lamination, body contouring, Oxygeneo facial, and more. Call us today to make an appointment!